Wednesday, December 17, 2008

photos from a roadtrip with Sandra






I recently got to spend time with my old friend Sandra and former cat Cleo in Portland. Found these photos from a roadtrip she and I took a few years back. Sandra and I ended up in New Harmony Indiana by "accidentally" following a 69 exit sign. Ironically New Harmony was the 19th century home of utopian religious cult, as my dad calls them, the Harmonists. Most fascinating to me, the group built labyrinths and dug wells based solely on tree formations.

The town also has an installation by Patric Dougherty ,A Carolinian who harvests vines from his property and makes large scale dwelling-like installations. As you might imagine, we had fun climbing them.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this. Thanks, brings back memories. -YW

    ReplyDelete