Friday, December 12, 2008

Ghost tour

In September I went on my first tour as Ghosts I Have Been, performing in Missouri, Kansas, Oregon, Washington, and California. A recording of the performance at Rererato TV in Portland should be posted soon.

Started off the tour playing at set at my friend Sabrina's shop Maude Vintage in Columbia, where some of the guys from Peace by Punching did a rad acoustic set along with Sabrina's partner Max. Was on the megabus the next day then played a set at Solidarity in Lawrence KS and had a drink with another old friend Phil, owner of Wild Man Vintage. Amanda Rehagen another old friend who is now an incredible illustrator/printmaker in KC; toted me around from trains to buses, airports to cars. THANK YOU AMANDA!

Took the plane to Portland and spent several days riding bikes around with my transplant Columbia friends Drew, Sandra, Issac, Ian, and Ben (see photos). Went to Voodoo doughnuts, a bunch of anarchist info shops, a heap of breweries, and the Columbia River Gorge. Saw former Columbia band play, Megazilla, now of Austin one evening. Also spent an afternoon at the Portland Zine Symposium and in true rock star form, played a show in Olympia at the LeVoyer that we almost didn't make cause the car kept breaking down.

Another old friend Danielle graciously bought me a plane ticket to San Francisco/Oakland. Spent several days hanging out with her and her finance. They live in this dome house that used to be owned by the Children of God in the 60s. While I loved performing and visiting old friends, the highlight was the 2-days I spent returning on Amtrak with spectacular views and strange people.


1 comment: