Friday, January 21, 2011

Embracing My 30s

The beginning of years is always an important time for me in regards to reflection and grounding for what's to come. I've never felt this strong and for once am not afraid of struggling to maintain it. All my gratitude to you my friends, family, the universe and everything that has aligned to help me through the continual process of grieving what's past.

As I look around my room at all the relics of heartfelt connections and interactions I've had I no longer see the past, I feel the present. This is who I am. All of the people I've loved, the things I've made, circumstances, memories, gifts, dreams, tears, all of it has built the future and informs the present.

This morning when I looked in the mirror- I saw reflected to me the person I've always felt I was in my heart but was not reflected by my age. Today I no longer see a young woman's reflection. I see the maturing woman I'm growing into. l see all of the gifts she's given the world in her youth, the sacrifices she's made to see them through and the empathy she carries. Because of this I love her and embrace this new decade. I am beautiful exactly as I am.

1 comment:

  1. This is really inspirational and I appreciate your security in loving who you have become. I have a similar epiphany. I have spent a lot of time in my life educating myself, and learning the in's and outs of communication. I have also spent a lot time putting myself down because a lot of people don't realize my potential. It finally dawned on me that people may never realize my abilities and that's okay.

    When I look in the mirror I see a person who cares about people, is creative, smart, active, and has endless abilities. I love who I am regardless of what people might try to do to change that. Life is way too short and I can't let other people dictate my life. I need to listen and evaluate what is being said to me and make a decision because I have a good ability to make decisions on my own. These decisions have made me who I am and I am proud of that.

    I will continue to work and strive toward being a giving and loving partner, friend, co-worker, musician, brother and son, and intelligent person who will continually learn and move forward progressively in a world that is changing into what it is supposed to be for me and for those who choose to love as well.

    ReplyDelete